Introduction to Online Advertsing and Marketing

Leave a Comment
Web Marketing. Image Courtesy hostchef.in


Hello Everyone! How are you all? My 2nd year semester exams just finished and I'm just too bored to continue with the the old topics again. So lets learn something new this summer! The fundamentals of Online Advertising/ Marketing!



The idea to launch a website section for this topic came last week when I decided that I would like to earn my Google AdWords Partner Certification as soon as possible this vacation. Now that I've earned it already



The spirit inside me asked me to help the fellow others who would also maybe like to earn one for themselves too. Keeping in line, the Online Marketing section will give you everything you need to know to earn the fundamentals certification first and video (YouTube) advertising certification later. Since the Google AdWords Fundamentals is the MUST exam everyone needs to pass we would be starting our study with the same subject. Hence lets get started!

Google AdWords is the advertising platform of Google that you can use if you are an aspiring advertiser. You can be anything or anyone; the local plumber who wants people in the neighbourhood to know of his services or a startup or an already existing business looking to extend its services in a new area or wanting to please customers with a new product. The reasons can be endless. The only motive required here is that there should be a want to advertise. And there can be no one better than Google to help you at that. Hence people who appear and clear Google AdWords Certification Exams can be taken in by these advertisers as the tested and assessed helping hands to assist them with creating successful online advertisement campaigns. Since the money of the advertisers depends upon your skill and caliber of analysing the market and making use of its reach and potential, Google AdWords certification exams are by no means easy exams to pass, since Google wants only the best to come out as "Google Certified AdWords Professionals", as you'll see later.

To begin with, let me give you a brief look of what is going to be covered in our lessons. Our lessons are directly derived from the study material that Google itself provides. These lessons might be an extension of those in some ways as I'll try my best to provide a more personal touch to everything as the way I have experienced, but since Google has a very comprehensive study material by itself available, I'll try and deviate very less. It is so because I've seen a number of online experts with lessons and lessons of explaining and demonstrating things but with a disclosure that "We cannot be held responsible if you do not clear the exam after studying from us." I guess this is just bull****. If you teach someone you MUST take the credit for their success or failures at what YOU taught them. I promise you that if YOU study from here, YOU WILL PASS the exams. This is just what I came up when I myself was looking for sources to study from and something I wanted to make clear right from the start.

Once that you've gone through the AdWords Fundamentals articles, you'll have learnt how AdWords works along with the knowledge of:
  • How online advertising and AdWords can help your clients meet their advertising goals.
  • Google Search Network and Google Display Network campaign creation and management.
  • How to measure ad performance and optimize campaigns.
  • Industry best practices and strategies. 
While talking about the exam,
  • Time: You'll have 120 minutes to complete the exam.
  • Pass rate: You need to get a score of 80% or higher to pass.
  • Retake period: If you don't pass the exam, you can take it again after 7 days.
With this we will be kicking off the study with the next lesson! Hope you guys remain tuned in!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.